Lafiya – UK Support for Health in NigeriaNigeria
The Lafiya programme is a seven-year UK Government supplier contract through the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office which began in February 2020. The programme is delivered by a consortium of seven partners led by the Palladium Group and its objective is to contribute to improving health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria through: –
- encouraging the Government of Nigeria to increase resources invested in health;
- improving effectiveness and efficiency of public and private basic health for services; and
- improved access to modern contraceptive methods.
LAMP is developing a VFM strategy and customized framework for the Lafiya programme, providing insights, analysis and technical assistance to identify opportunities to improve VfM from project inception and throughout implementation. LAMP will also train Lafiya staff to produce routine VfM reports against agreed indicators and the routine application of VfM principles in ensuring resources are well managed.
- Involved from inception to embed VfM measurement and management
- Facilitated Theory of Change workshop
- Bringing experience of supporting portfolio programmes to design of VFM approach